The Saint Augustine Beach House, located in St. Augustine, Florida, warmly welcomes all guests. Our mission is to make it easy for everyone, including those with hearing, vision, or any other disability, to enjoy The Saint Augustine Beach House. However, our efforts are ongoing. All guests are encouraged to contact our team if they want assistance with their reservations.
Barriers to Accessibility:
- 32-inch wide doorway openings into each guest room.
- Elevated access requires the navigation of steps into the entrance.
- We do not have an elevator.
- No rooms include a roll-in shower.
So all guests can enjoy The Saint Augustine Beach House, significant steps have been taken to remove barriers where possible at our property. We offer the following with disabilities:
- Accessible business center.
- Public restroom includes grab bars.
- Dining is provided in-room.
- The building is raised about 4 feet off the ground, however our office and first floor is accessible via a wheelchair ramp.
- Hotel corridors a minimum of 36″ wide.
- On-site designated accessible parking.
- Van-accessible parking.
- Ground floor rooms available with two beds.
- Closed captioning television.
- At least one power outlet with a clear space in front, 15″ from ground.
- Visual alarm – Free portable equipment provided by the hotel.
- Table/Desk accessible with knee space 27″ (width) and 34″ (height).
- Bathroom accessible features in first floor rooms include; grab bars in the shower with a shower seat and toilet grab bars.
Our goal is to ensure that anyone who wishes to visit The Saint Augustine Beach House can do so, regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we strive to comply with the ADA:
- It is our standard operating procedure that individuals with disabilities be able to make reservations for an accessible accommodation during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need an accessible room.
- We have identified and described accessible features as well as physical barriers with enough detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine independently whether a given guest room meets their accessibility needs.
- Our standard operating procedure is to ensure that our accessible guest room option is held for use by individuals with disabilities. However, we protect our client’s right to privacy of disclosure.- we do not have an accessible guest room option aside from just our standard first floor rooms which do not require stairs.
- We guarantee that guest rooms, once reserved, are held for the reserving customer and are removed from all reservation systems.
- Guests with legitimate service dogs will be provided access to all areas of the hotel where members of the public are allowed to go.
For special accommodation needs, please call us at 904-217-3765 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay.
We work very hard to provide an easy-to-use online experience for all visitors to our website. All visitors should be able to easily research online at 10 Vilano Rd, Saint Augustine, Florida 32084, regardless of device type or the need for assistive technology like screen readers, font magnification, translation, or voice recognition software.
To ensure this, The Saint Augustine Beach House is committed to compliance with Level AA success criteria of the Website Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0), an international standard measure of accessibility success. Our website and digital marketing have been developed carefully considering these guidelines and are continuously being enhanced to make our technology more accessible and user-friendly.
You can learn more about W3C’s Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) here. Additionally, the entire site was tested using WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool, created by WebAIM.org, a third-party authority in web accessibility. The site is tested periodically to ensure any added or edited content conforms with the latest accessibility guidelines, as reported by the WAVE tool.
Subsequent reports were run on: 01/01/2020; 12/23/2019; 12/04/2019; 11/06/2019; 10/01/2019; 09/01/2019; 08/01/2019; 07/05/2019; 07/04/2019; 07/02/2019; 06/02/2019; 05/03/2019; 04/04/2019; 03/11/2019; 02/04/2019; 01/01/2019; 11/01/2018; 10/25/2018; 09/15/2018; 09/05/2018; 09/03/2018; 08/20/2018; 07/26/2018; 07/23/2018
Optimize the way you view your web browser. If you have difficulty reading the website on your screen, you can change the settings on your browser to help you improve the readability and visibility of each webpage. Learn about the Accessibility features of these major Internet Browsers below:
WEBSITE ACCESSIBILITY FEATURES
This website is designed to be fully accessible to all and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
Our website can be navigated by using the tab key to traverse the elements of each page and by using the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
STRUCTURED, SEMANTIC MARKUP
HTML heading tags are used to convey the document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read out, and the menu items are presented as a group.
All content images include descriptive ALT attributes, and all purely decorative graphics have null ALT attributes.
The site is designed to conform to Level AA compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
Web Content Accessibility Guideline: explains the reasons behind each guideline.
Section 508: information and news about the accessibility standards introduced by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
ACCESSIBILITY SOFTWARE AND SERVICES
The following tools and services are available for free to assist you with viewing and interacting with our website:
HTML Validator: a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.
Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer: a tool for viewing your web pages without various modern browser features.
Lynx: a free text-only web browser.
We have tested our website to ensure we meet or exceed Level AA of the WCAG 2.0 Standard. If you have any questions or would like to report any issues related to the accessibility features of our website, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.